Thursday, July 9, 2015

Introducing Heidi



Dear Miss Nan:

My name is Heidi. I am from class five grade three.* I'm an outgoing girl with black hair and big eyes. I'm tall and thin. I love blue. I love English class very much, your lesson is very interesting. All of our classmates love your class. I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving us. I'll miss you after you leave. My dear teacher I wish you could live better in the future.

*Fifth grade, class three, written as 5(3).
____

In some ways this introduction is even more impressive! There are some complicated words here. On the other hand, some of the basics are still missing including misspellings that are due to phonetic issues rather than the weirdness of English spelling (nith for with, youwe for you've, wist for wish). It's written in a very neat hand, but while knowing the rules of capitalization, they have not been put into practice. I don't know how much of this Heidi learned in previous years of English class versus at home. Luckily, she still liked classes, possibly because we focused more on spoken than on written English.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Heidi. I'm glad you like English class. You are wearing a very pretty purple blouse.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, reactions, or comments? I always love to hear from you!