Friday, July 17, 2015

First Stop, Guilin (桂林)

Having finished teaching, testing, and grading, my cofellow and I are travelling around China for a few weeks before I leave. Our first stop was Guilin a city surrounded by and nestled amongst large rock outcroppings, a type of topography known as karst (pictures of that to come). The Li River (漓江) runs through the center of the city and is especially pretty at night when the bridges and pagodas are lit.

The Moon and Sun Pagodas.











People stand on these little boats and launch cormorants into the air to fish for them
(the birds' necks have rings on them so they can't swallow the fish).







A peak at the aforementioned karst topography.

The Sun and Moon Twin Pagodas are more famous, but I liked this one even better.






1 comment:

  1. Wow. Really beautiful pictures, that must have been an amazing evening.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, reactions, or comments? I always love to hear from you!