Sunday, May 31, 2015

New Ping Pong Tables and "Special Interests"

How many people doesn't it take to assemble a ping pong table? 



I think we got these because of the new "special interest" classes that we have. There are things like sewing, harmonica, recorder, dancing, choir, basketball...and English. So I have an extra two classes a week. A couple of my best students are in the English special interest class, but several poor ones as well. And it's second through sixth grade altogether. I'm really glad my students are getting the chance to have these, more extra-curricular style, classes. Last semester we had looked for a time to do something like this and there just wasn't time in the schedule. I just wish it had started at the beginning of a semester so I could have planned accordingly, instead of having approximately eight weeks, and sprung on me a few days before. Luckily, it's more relaxed than a normal class and my cofellow and I teach together, which is a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, reactions, or comments? I always love to hear from you!