Monday, May 25, 2015

Introducing Pat



Hello grandmother. My name is Pat. I am Miss Nan's student. I won't say much here, but I wish that all your hopes may be fulfilled and you live a long life of 100 years. Goodbye!

你好奶奶我叫Pat是南慧英老师的学生,我在这几就不多说了,祝您万事如意,长命百岁。再见!

-----
A little more about Pat...

Pat is my best male student. He's very enthusiastic. In the typical fashion of a young boy, he'll often say something before thinking, but he's getting better about correcting himself. I've been writing challenge sentences on the board for the best students to talk to me about after class and if I forget or don't have one on a given day he will actually ask for one.

He also tries to use what English he knows whenever possible, something which most students have to be explicitly encouraged to do, so I appreciate it a lot. Today we learned fruit and the question "Do you like _____?" After we had completed our challenge questions (including "Do you like cats?"...I was glad to find that all four participating students did), he turned to me and asked "Miss Nan...Do you like raber...?" At first I thought he was asking about rabbits, but then I discovered he wanted to ask about strawberries, which is honestly a very difficult word to say. I was happy to tell him, "Yes, I do like strawberries!"

2 comments:

  1. hahaha he doesn't want to hear from me :-P I love that they all liked cats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Pat. I am Miss Nan's grandmother, but it will be a long time until I am 100 years old! Miss Nan says you are a very good student. She says you like strawberries. So do I!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, reactions, or comments? I always love to hear from you!