Wednesday, May 13, 2015

English Sightings in China

To be fair, English is not a rare sighting in China. Correct English is pretty rare though. Although sometimes this worries me (one of my local teachers was wearing a t-shirt with the word fuck on it this week...and I'm pretty sure she had no idea...), sometimes it's quite amusing.

Sometimes I try to figure out what it means...this one seems to be say that it's a multipurpose cup for both hot and cold drinks.

It took me a while to first figure out that it should be "brothers", and then to realize that the "ers" was around the corner.

Sometimes it makes perfect, but sounds a little silly.

Sometimes it makes me nostalgic.

Sometimes I stop mid-stride to examine the specimen.


And sometimes I just can't stop laughing.

1 comment:

  1. I liked "quanlity" and also the "band of broth"
    When i visited Peru back when I remember seeing a lot of these.
    In Tajikistan there doesn't seem to be much English anywhere although that that there is sometimes inspires ridicule. For example, the signs that are on the highway are in English (lolll) but wrong, like "EXIT EMARJANSY THE STOPP VEHISLE" which doesn't help anyone (especially Tajiks) drive safer. I think I may have told you about that already, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, reactions, or comments? I always love to hear from you!