Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Under the Dome vs. Censorship

Unfortunately, it seems that the documentary I wrote about last weekend has been taken down my the Chinese censors. It's still on YouTube, so anyone with access to the western web can watch it there, but the video has been removed from the Chinese web. Links to it still exist, however, and I think some commentary as well. I'm not very good at navigating the Chinese web, however, so I'm not sure of the extent of the censorship. Here's to hoping China will nevertheless find ways to enforce environmental regulations and combat pollution.

On a brighter note, the weather here is gorgeous. My cofellow was complaining that the sky was actually too blue, because the lesson she had planned for today was drawing clouds and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Luckily a few wispy clouds drifted in just in time for her class!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, reactions, or comments? I always love to hear from you!