Thursday, March 26, 2015

Introducing Amy

Let me introduce you to one of my students. She's the daughter of one of the teachers here and an enthusiastic participant in class, hence her quick accumulation of class tickets to introduce herself on my blog! The picture was taken at the school picnic last fall. The introduction below is her own, with my translation (though she helped with the words she knew: "My name is Amy." "I'm from...").



My name is 张明月 (Zhāng Míng Yuè), Amy. I’m from Tengchong County, Jietou Town, Central Elementary School, third-grade class 1. My deskmate is 高强春 (Gāo Qiáng Chūn), Aaron. I particularly like to play with 冯心媛 (Féng Xīn Yuán), Nikita。My hobbies are watching TV and jumping rope.

我叫张明月,我来自腾冲县界头镇中心小学三(1)班。我的同桌是高强春,我最喜欢和冯心媛一起玩,我的爱好是看电视,和跳绳。

3 comments:

  1. also when I first saw the email warning me about this I thought it said "Introducing ARMY" and was like, "Wow, is army prep a mandatory subject in China, too?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! I like your hat! It's good to see what a fine student you are in Miss Nan's class. Keep up the good work. Greetings from Nova Scotia, Canada

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, reactions, or comments? I always love to hear from you!