Monday, March 30, 2015

Award Ceremony

Every semester the school holds an award ceremony to recognize those students who tested the best or improved the most on their major exams (Chinese, math, and science). This semester, it was announced the night before and I didn't know about it until the day of (last Friday). So my classes are still not in the same place. But at least the ceremony was more fun for me this semester since I knew some of the students and I took pictures. The vice principal asked me if there were the same sorts of ceremonies in the US. The only things I can think to compare them to in my experience are honor roll and eighth grade or senior year awards.

There's no where for everyone to sit. So for shorter assemblies the students all stand.
This was longer, so they brought out their chairs from the classrooms (all 1200+ of them).

I suspect that for some students their favorite part was having their pictures taken.

The girls and boys of 3(4).

They really like the OK sign. And saying it too. 

Drum master.

Cymbals.

Snares.

Bugles.

Saluting for the anthem and the flag being raised (this happens every Monday too).


Having done their duty, the marching band students were told to put down their instruments and return to their seats.




Students names were called one by one and the student would run up as quickly as possible.

Sometimes getting high-fives on the way.

Student receiving her certificate and notebook from the principal.

Many students saluted as they were given their rewards.

One of many certificates handed out.

Notebooks and pencil boxes were also given out. What better use for a new pencil box than throwing?

What a wonderful look of glee. She's the daughter of a teacher and lives next door to me.

Of course, the event had to be properly documented (i.e. photographed by the art teacher). Yes, it really does take that many
teachers to get first through third graders to take a picture (especially to ensure the certificates aren't blocking their faces)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, reactions, or comments? I always love to hear from you!