Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Weekend Walk

The museum was nice, but perhaps even better was the walk there and back through the trees and fields. It's walks like this that make me feel like I'm actually living in rural China, as opposed to staying at school or in town where, more and more so, everything is covered in concrete.

The fields right now are covered in plastic and populated with yellow cards on sticks. Why? Insects.

Burning plant material.


Sparrow



Orange bird...not sure what it is. It reminded me of a Baltimore oriole,
but I know it wasn't.  Unfortunately it didn't get any closer.

Cattle egret, Bubulcus ibis





Two more cute, unidentified birds.



Have you ever noticed how long a water buffalo's eyelashes are?

1 comment:

  1. haha long eyelashes indeed! also the insects are horrible here, too. I am literally eaten alive unless I wear mosquito repellent daily. Just read on the BBC that being mosquito-prone is actually genetic and inherited from your parents. I guess I should hold it against them bahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, reactions, or comments? I always love to hear from you!