Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Introducing Ida


Hello everyone! My name is Ida, 李双双 (Lǐ Shuāngshuāng). I'm 10 years old. I am a student at Jietou Central Elementary School. I like to jump Chinese jump rope.* Since I was small I've always been a good, smart student. I especially like Miss Nan. I hope Miss Nan's parents will come to China next year.

大家好,我叫李双双,今年10岁,是界头中心小学的一名学生。我喜欢跳像皮筋,我从小就是一个好学,聪明的学生。我特别喜欢南慧英老师。我希望南老师的父母明年会来中国。

*This would directly be translated as "jump rubber band". When I used Google translate to look for alternative translations it just gave me "jumpsies", which had the utility of making me laugh, but was otherwise unhelpful.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, Ida! In Tajikistan many children love Chinese jump rope, also! But I have never jumped. Do you ever jump Chinese rope in Miss Nan's class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ida. I like the name Ida. My grandmother's name was Ida.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, reactions, or comments? I always love to hear from you!