Friday, September 5, 2014

Where do I live?

All the other pictures of Jietou that I've posted so far have been taken from my room. But where is my room? Here's a picture taken from right outside the teacher's office on the first floor of the teaching building. All the way on the left you can see part of the four-story teaching building. The tall building to the right is a government building of some sort. This is where we had our faculty meeting since there's no where in the school itself that can seat all 60 of us comfortably. The next building over is ours. Our apartment is the rightmost on the top floor (fifth): from this angle you can see our balcony and Katherine's window. Mine is on the other side. The rightmost building has more brand-new teachers' dorms. The two shorter, old-fashioned buildings are the old teachers' dorms, to which the newly arrived teachers have been relegated.



For those of you who have been asking, my address is:

679107
云南省保山市腾冲县界头镇中心小学
南慧英 (电话号:15287535370)

You should probably accompany this with an English translation for the USPS:

Gitanjali Gnanadesikan
Jietou Central Elementary School
Tengchong County, Baoshan City, Yunnan Province
China, 679107

Interestingly, although American addresses go from small to big, Chinese addresses go from big to small, starting with the province, the city, the county, and then the specific place...

Also, thanks to everyone who has written me notes about the blog! I really appreciate the encouragement. And, of course, I love hearing from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, reactions, or comments? I always love to hear from you!