Saturday, September 13, 2014

Saturday Classes

So it turned out everyone ended up teaching Monday's classes. We were just the first to ask.

My Monday schedule involves seeing every class, although half of them are supposed to be music and half of them are supposed to be English. Perfect, I thought. I'll see every class, so none of the classes will get off schedule.

The first class really had trouble not talking. If a thought occurs to them, they say it. Even if I've just said "Be quiet!" or "Don't talk! This is a test." The next two classes were much better. Sure they talked, but it wasn't quite so bad. Some people probably looked at each other's papers--it's hard to stop when 52 kids are packed into one room so you can't spread them out (if any of you have ideas to help me, I'd love to hear them)--but it wasn't too bad.

Then I went to my fourth class. The chairs were on the tables and most of the class was outside scrubbing. I checked my watch again. Only two minutes until class should start. The banzhuren (sort of like a homeroom teacher, but with more responsibility and power) was sitting in front, so I asked: "Don't we have class at 3:20?" Nope. The whole school is cleaning now.

Oh. Okay. Really, having all my classes in roughly the same place was just too much to hope for.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH. I JUST FOUND YOUR BLOG!!! :D :D :D GOLD MINE.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, reactions, or comments? I always love to hear from you!