Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Day Two

I taught three more classes of Goodnight Moon and colours today. One fifth grade class and two third grade classes. The difference between the fifth graders and third graders was noticeable. For example, the fifth graders quickly learned my afternoon greeting: "Good afternoon class!" followed by "Good afternoon Miss Nan". The third graders, however, struggled not only with saying it, but with the routine. They would say it back after me, and then I'd say "Good afternoon class" and get really blank looks. But eventually they got it, saying "Good afternoon Miss Nan" with a sheepish look on their face.

Most of the students in the last class today didn't leave when the bell rang and we formally ended class, even though it was dinner time. So I asked them if they wanted to take a picture. The reaction was fascinating. About half of them crowded around me so close that it was hard to take a picture. The other half stood at the back of the class watching.


They're a pretty happy bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, reactions, or comments? I always love to hear from you!