Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Tears

I caused tears in a student for the first time yesterday. Actually, you could argue that her mother did. One of the local teachers at my school has asked me to do a special English activity time with some of the teachers kids. Yesterday was the first day, and one teacher wanted her kindergartner to try it. When her mother sat her down in the front row and went to leave the room she burst into tears and wouldn't say a word for the whole class period. Luckily, the mother realized that her daughter was too young and this wasn't going to work.

The wonderful thing about this English activity time is that there are only 15 students. That feels so small after classes of 52! When we learn or review something I can always ask every student to say something! On the other hand, the age range is quite spread: the youngest is in Kindergarten and the oldest is in fourth grade. So it has it's challenges too, but it's a fun change. It brings my total class count to 20 a week, though, which is quite a lot. I'm hoping there aren't any more tears though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, reactions, or comments? I always love to hear from you!