Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Sports Competition

The remaining part of the competition was, of course, the sports. Another school won the sports portion, but we were a close second.

There was long jump...

And high jump...

And jump rope! The most rotations in a minute. I think the winner had over 200!


There was lots of running: both sprints and long distance.


The red finish line tape was drawn across just before the end of each race. Also, notice the large crowds of spectators!

There were relays, but I never figured out were exactly the switching was happening...it was remarkably chaotic.

It was pretty funny to watch all the people running around the inside of the track encouraging the runners.
I think if I had been running I would have found it extremely annoying. Here is one of our star runners and , on the inside,
two boys who also competed and our coach/PE teacher.

I watched this teacher run from one side of the track, through the middle, to the other side.

Many of the boys were wearing American basketball jerseys. I remember the Rockets and Lakers were also represented.

Not all the students have sports outfits. Some run in jeans and ruffles.

There were also boys and girls ping pong tournaments.



I think there were also some throwing events, but I didn't see any of them. The red and yellow track uniforms are all students from my school, but since older students are generally taller and faster, none of them are my students. 

One of my favorite parts of the day was watching the kids take pride in and take care of each other.
Many of the students looked to be on the verge of collapse after their runs, but were soon surrounded by classmates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, reactions, or comments? I always love to hear from you!