Thursday, November 6, 2014

Flu Shots and Face Cream

Yesterday was the day for flu shots. It almost reminded me of flu fest at Princeton. Except that they only had two people administering shots. And instead of band-aids to minimize bleeding, they were given those q-tip like cotton swabs on wooden sticks. I must say the sight of so many students with their shirts down over their shoulders holding cotton swabs was somewhat comical.

The students of San(Yi) ban (aka. third grade, class 1) getting their flu shots.

I asked them afterwards if it hurt. Some said no, but several said yes. And by bedtime many of them were clutching their arms rather gingerly.

Face cream made its appearance in the girls dorms last night. It seemed like almost every girl in almost every room had a little jar of it. One of my students offered me some and I tried to decline, but she urged me again to try some, so I took a little dab and put it on one cheek. Then another girl wanted me to have some of hers. Another dab on the other cheek. And another girl. One last dab on my forehead. Then I made my escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, reactions, or comments? I always love to hear from you!