Sunday, August 31, 2014

Uncertainty explained!

So I don't have any more information about what I'll actually be teaching, but I do know now why I don't know. It's the government's fault!

Apparently our school only has about half the number of teachers that we need and the regional government is supposed to assign more teachers here. But the government hasn't decided who to send us which means the school doesn't even know what the teachers who are already here will actually be teaching.

Today we did get a copy of the daily schedule for the semester (red stamped, so you know it's official!). The students' time is scheduled from 6:50 AM to 8:30 PM including exercises, meals, classes, and study time. My favorite descriptor is "环保实践" which literally translates to "environmental protection practice" but apparently consists of cleaning.

Until our additional teachers arrive the rest of us will be "supervising" classes. I have no idea what this entails. It honestly sounds harder than normal teaching.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, reactions, or comments? I always love to hear from you!