Sunday, August 17, 2014

Teaching summer camp!


I just finished three weeks of teaching summer camp! I taught one 40-minute English period everyday and the singing portion of our activity class. My students performed Let it Go at their talent show and got some hearty applause and gasps from their fellow students. 

My students at the talent show.

Class art work was also on display. Here's one of two posters my students made using origami flowers.



Even more excitingly, though, all my students passed their final! Here's my strongest student, Alex. He got 100%.

Instead of the typical Asian peace/bunny ears, Alex is giving an "okay"
which is what I ask them to do when they finish an activity. 

This is the whole class on the last day. We gave them certificates with personal notes of encouragement (as suggested by one of the other teachers of by class). I get the sense that the giving of certificates is a pretty common occurrence, but they seemed to like it.



The students were so sweet as they left. One of them said "we love you" and all of them made sure to say goodbye on their way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, reactions, or comments? I always love to hear from you!