Monday, July 21, 2014

My Home and Workplace for the Next Four Weeks: 大姚县民族中学

Orientation is now over. This week is full of pedagogy training (with some Chinese language learning--especially classroom Chinese--thrown in). Then I'll be teaching 8th graders at a summer camp for the next three weeks! The first day we're supposed to spend the whole 40 minute period doing class management, laying down the rules, etc. This sounds utterly tedious to me right now, not being one for rules particularly, but we'll see how it goes.

For all of this time I will be living and teaching at 大姚县民族中学 (Dayaoxian Minzu Zhongxue, Literally Dayao County Ethnic Middle School):


The approach...

Girl's Dorms

The view  from the Girls' dormitory third floor balcony (my floor) just as the afternoon rain was stopping.

A classroom at Minzu Zhongxue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, reactions, or comments? I always love to hear from you!