Saturday, February 16, 2013

It's Saturday?

Thanks to all of you who have sent me comments about the blog; it's encouraging to know people are enjoying it! I got a couple messages today that made me happy and prompted me to wonder why today? Then I realized that it's Saturday, which, in the normal world, means the weekend. Saturdays here are like any other class day. As it happened, today was our labwork day after finishing our fieldwork in the dry forest.

A small group of us went to the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute (STRI, our host institution) library this morning to do background research for our reports (which are due on Friday...ah!). It was a fun library to visit because it's so specialized to what STRI researchers study. There were three bookshelves of books on butterflies and moths. The books on Mayan language and civilization also caught my eye.

The rest of the day, aside from one hour-long lecture, was spent taking pictures of butterflies and inputting data. I haven't even gotten to any analysis or statistics yet. It's interesting to reach crunch time for a class after only two weeks. But we'll be done on Friday! (After three more field days, one analysis and write up day, and one presentation day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, reactions, or comments? I always love to hear from you!