Wednesday, November 22, 2017

And Cats! (Oh my!)

Wildlife Science Center also has various cats, bears, porcupines, arctic foxes, coyotes, owls, hawks, and more. It probably won't surprise any of you that I loved watching the cats. They have bobcats (Lynx rufus), mountain lions (Puma concolor), and lynx (Lynx canadensis), but I only managed to get pictures of the last two. The bobcats were snuggled up in their hammock mostly out of sight.





I had never heard a mountain lion make noise, but one of them was actually quite vocal, as you can hear here. Although there's bit of interference from the wind, you should be able to hear the distinctive noise once, then twice in short succession, before the two individuals in the enclosure provoke each other and there's a bit of an eruption.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, reactions, or comments? I always love to hear from you!