Saturday, September 2, 2023

Dragon Con Parade in Atlanta!

So the blog has been dormant for the last year while I've been dissertating. But lots of good news: I defended my dissertation in July, moved across the country, and started a new job as postdoctoral research fellow at Emory University last month! And this weekend, for my first big downtown Atlanta event, I went to the Dragon Con parade. There were amazing costumes in both the parade and the audience, and the fun was contagious! Here are just a few highlights. I'm thinking I might try to attend the actual con next year (always Labor Day weekend).... Anyone else interested?




   


























Watching the people watching the parade was almost as much fun as the parade itself. Folks were hanging out wherever they could get a good view!



That's all for now... I'm working through my backlog of photos and hope to share some from the archives of the past year soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, reactions, or comments? I always love to hear from you!